Election Fraud and Misconduct
1. The prosecution of election misconduct is the exclusive responsibility of the Iowa Attorney General’s Office under Iowa Code Chapter 39A.
2. If you believe you have information about a violation of Iowa Code Chapter 39A, report it to the local law enforcement agency with jurisdiction to conduct an investigation.
3. As part of its duty to prosecute election crimes, the Iowa Attorney General’s Office has provided local law enforcement agencies with instructions on the manner in which they are to contact the Iowa Attorney General’s Office regarding criminal violations of Iowa Code Chapter 39A.
4. General questions concerning election issues and procedures should be directed to the local County Auditor or the Iowa Secretary of State.
5. The Attorney General’s Office is prohibited from providing legal advice to members of the general public.